7.04.2012

Celebration Weekend

My grandma & grandpa came to town to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary and my grandmother's 80th birthday. It was wonderful to be with family and to see them. We missed those that could not make it.

Friday evening we met at a delicious Italian restaurant in Castle Pines (kid free!!!). Colton's wife, Richelle sings there and surprised us with some beautiful serenades. She had my grandparents laughing more than I have seen in a long time. Especially when she sang "That don't impress me much" to my grandpa. We presented a book to them full of photos and letters written to them about their marriage. My mother put a lot of long hours into that book. It was beautiful!

Saturday and Sunday we hung out at my aunt's house eating, eating more and talking. I am unbelievably blessed to be a part of this wonderful family. I admire my grandparents so much for this family they have built.

Grandpa going for a walk through the garden with Elise

Feeding the fish in their pond

 Two of my most favorite women - my grandmother and mother

It was hot--so Grey got naked and ran through their yard

 Elise fortunately did not get naked

My grandparents with four of their five kids

Missing Heather.... :(

No comments: