Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30.
The diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall.
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?
I held a baby till she slept,
I held a toddler while she wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that's true.
Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone
With deep blue eyes and soft blonde hair,
If that is true...I've done my share.
Today I left some dishes dirty,
It was by far the best concert I have ever been to. He is amazingly talented and puts on a great show. He has a hilarious personality and had the whole place laughing for two hours. It was evident that he loved being up there and playing off the crowd.
I'm not the type that enjoys the big lights, big show, smoke machines at a concert. The BIG stuff ends up distracting from the talent and great music. The concert was held in a small auditorium at a local music school off of Broadway & Yale. We were in the 8th row and there weren't too many rows behind us. Colin put the entire show on by himself. He was up there with his amazing voice, a guitar and a microphone. It was incredible! Afterwards we got to meet him and get his new CD autographed. I couldn't leave without getting a picture with him. It was a wonderful night & thanks to Jodie & Tyler for watching the kiddos.
Remember this one? His newer acoustic version is a lot better, but it sure brings back some great memories.
1. When Greyden squeals so loud that he scares himself.
2. The way he laughs and kicks at my stupid, made-up songs about nothing.
3. Having a little buddy that I can take shopping without getting bored (that won't last forever!)
4. Watching him grow and learn new things. I'm such a dorky mom.
5. Jared & I can't help but laugh when he sucks his top lip like a pacifier. I wish he would have just taken a pacifier from the start.
6. His smiles, laughs and giggles!!!
7. Giving him to one of the grandmas for just a short time so I can have a break.
I also have a list of things that don't make me smile, but I'm sure you parents already have some ideas about what that could include.
I took Greyden to Wash Park today since it was so gorgeous outside. I love being outdoors after the rain when everything is fresh & bright! They just barely planted flowers in the flowerbeds, but I found this pretty one and I had to take a picture.
(good, bad, embarrassing):
* Taking out wave runners in the Sea of Cortez with the CUTE sea lions.
* Watching some weird boat parade or protest from our hotel balcony. I'm not really sure what was happening here.Orange County Choppers TV show. But he wasn't. Just some guy with a big mustache drinking beer at the pool. Jared had me get in the pool in front of him to take the pictures without him knowing. Check it out though... Left: Man at Pool, Right: Paul Teutul Sr.
*Spending $22 on a nasty burrito (this is pretty much how every meal went... the food was terrible and outrageously expensive). I'm pretty much turned off of Mexican food for a while now.
*Teaching Greyden how to kick & splash in the pool!
Todos Santos, behind a very Mexican truck (see below) and buying a cool piece of art for our home.
Me: So, I guess you forgot. (me pouting)
Jared: What? (no idea what I am talking about)
Me: Ummm... (waiting for him to come up with the right answer) Today is Mother's Day.
Jared: OH! I'm so glad you reminded me. I'll have to call my mom when we get to Denver.
HAHA! I guess I'm not officially a mom yet. To top off my Mother's Day, Greyden decided to SCREAM for over half an hour as our plane was landing. I could not do anything to calm him down. The lady in the back yelled, "Hey dad, does he have a pacifier, bottle, anything?" At that point I lost it and started bawling. Luckily I had a window seat so I could turn away and not be MORE embarrassed.
Later, I sent Jared out for some food since we had none in our house and he came back with a little something for me. I guess he felt bad that he forgot. He's so sweet.