5.02.2010

80th Birthday (part 1)

I have soooo many pictures so I must break this up in two parts. My grandpa turned EIGHTY last week and almost the entire family went out to St. George for a long weekend to celebrate with him. He is a wonderful man and I am so grateful to be in his family. He has passed on so many amazing qualities that I hope to pass on to my children. I respect him so much for ALL of the things he has done with his life including with his job & education, church service and especially for our family.

Jared & I packed up the car full of snacks, lunches and lots of activities. The kids did amazing considering how it could have been.


(Grey thought he was a pilot when he wore the headphones)

The first day we were there we went to the fun rec center pool to play. I will be honest---I spent most of the time going down the huge slide by myself! I am such a kid. It was also the first time Grey has put his head under water... finally... and by accident. He sat down on a step and ended up being completely underwater. When we pulled him up, instead of freaking him out, I made it all exciting and told him to go tell daddy he put his head under. He went over to Jared and said, "I did this dad!" and dunked his head under. I know it is lame, but I was proud!


Day two started with the 3-mile walk my grandpa does 5 days a week. Grey ran with my Aunt Gloria the first mile and a half then begged us to carry him the rest of the way.

Then we met back up at our house for dinner, presents, cake & ice cream.
When you turn 80 you get TWO birthday cakes!

My child always has to be a part of everything--helping blow out candles

Sarah, Josh, Mindy, Lorin

Grandma, Jess, Caitlin

Jared & Grey

Opening one of the gifts--this was a book I put together filled with old photos and letters written by the children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren

FOUR GENERATIONS!
My mom, Grandma, Christina & Elise

Oh I love my cousins! We had such a great time together.
Jess, Mindy & Christina

I pulled out an old picture of us--just because it was too funny. This was about 20 years ago and we are in the same order here:

My cousin's band (We are Blackhounds) happened to be starting their tour in St. George that night, so my sister and a few of my girl cousins went to watch. It was a blast and so much fun to see him play!

No comments: