My sweet boy
Jared & I were going to look at homes (to buy--more on that later). It was a snowy day and I was rushing from one thing to the next. Cole was crying so I gave him a bite of Elise's Larabar. Right away he started coughing and screaming but I was in a hurry so I threw him in the car thinking he just swallowed too big of a piece. As I was driving down the freeway, he threw up ALL over the car twice. He was sounding kind of hoarse, but he was still breathing fine. Ugh. I got to one of the houses and took his shirt off noticing hives on his chest. I still wasn't really sure and my mom and Jared said to just watch it. As soon as I got home, I took his clothes off and realized he was covered head to toe in awful hives and his face was bright red. I called the doctor and they said to bring him right in and that he was having a very severe reaction. I felt so guilty that I waited and waited not really knowing how bad it needed to get. Now he gets to carry around an Epipen. I had him tested and he is allergic to dates (an odd one), dogs and cashews. Severely allergic to cashews... Luckily that is the only one of nuts that showed up. It was interesting keeping him still twice for the whole 15 minutes. We will get him tested again next year. But they say with a severe reaction, it is unlikely he will grow out of it.