4.13.2011

Mini Muffins

Now that I am well past the beginning/early pregnancy junk, I am much more anxious to cook and bake new recipes. Just in time for the third trimester exhaustion to kick in... I will try to share the good ones with you.

I came across this recipe and it turned out to be extremely quick, easy and yummy. They have a more chewy than bread-like texture because of the yogurt and are very light flavored. The kids love them and they make a great, healthy snack.

Oatmeal-Yogurt Mini Muffins
adapted from Dannon

1 egg
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup yogurt
(I used 1/2 Fage 0% Greek & 1/2 Mountain High lowfat vanilla)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup craisins (or raisins)

Preheat oven to 375. In a medium bowl, blend the egg, oil, vanilla and yogurt together. Add the rest of the ingredients except the craisins. Blend together. Can add a splash or two of milk if it feels too thick. It really depends on the kind of yogurt you are using. Fold in the craisins.

Spoon into mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 24-28 muffins. Best part about it---very lowfat with only 60 calories per muffin!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to try it. I am going to use dried cherries. Yum!