7.18.2014

Five going on Sixteen

My sweet Elise is five. Hard to believe how quickly it goes. I felt like her years flew by because she was barely two when Cole was born and we all know where the attention has been since then...

She all of the sudden thinks she is very mature and tries to change diapers, put Cole down for naps and do things on her own that she really shouldn't. It is so funny. She even told me that I could leave her home alone to watch Cole and Vanessa. I wish! Elise is such a pleasure in our home. She has such a sweet heart and loves to give hugs and snuggles to everyone but especially her daddy. She is so helpful and loves to help me cook and bake or do anything for Cole and Vanessa. She is as girly as they come but can also keep up with her brothers and other boys. She is also surprisingly independent which kind of drives me crazy at times but is a fabulous trait. I will tell her something and she will tell me I am wrong. Constantly. Apparently my five year old knows more about the world than I do. She really is like a teenager. haha.

We were in the mountains for her birthday and spent the day swimming at the rec center. She has been wanting to get her ears pierced for a long time so that was the big birthday gift. She had big alligator tears but sat still and dried her eyes as soon as she looked in the mirror at her glittery pink heart earrings. She kept flipping her hair and saying how beautiful she looked. Oh my.


Height 43 ¼ in (70th %)
Weight 37.2 lbs (45th %)

The traditional quiz:

What is your favorite food?
ummm. healthy food. burritos & breakfast burritos

What is your favorite vegetable?
carrots

What is your favorite fruit?
cherries

What is your favorite thing to do?
paint my nails

What are your favorite things to play with?
barbie dolls

What is your favorite color?
gold

Who are your best friends?
Addie & Ryan & Colin

What do you like to wear?
dresses

What is your favorite sport?
tennis

What do you want to be when you grow up?
a mermaid & a princess

What are you really good at doing?
soccer, coloring & painting

What is something that is hard for you to do?
put cole down

What makes you sad?
when somebody hurts me

What makes you happy?
somebody playing with me (like Addie)

What makes you mad?
somebody breaking my toys

What is your favorite TV show?
The Parent Trap

What is your favorite book?
Princesses on the Run

What is your favorite game?
Uno

What is your favorite animal?
cheetah & leopard

What is your favorite song?
All of the Frozen songs

What is your favorite thing about mommy?
going on dates to paint nails

What is your favorite thing about daddy?
going on dates to paint pottery

What do you want for your birthday?
all the Elsa & Anna dresses and shoes from Frozen

What is the best part about being 5?
being able to be by myself with Cole & Vanessa and taking care of them

No comments: