6.10.2012

Salt Lake City


We went to Utah for a QUICK trip over Memorial Day weekend to attend my cousin's wedding. I loved taking the kids to my "old hood" and Temple Square. I have such wonderful memories of my time in Salt Lake--working, living in my own apartment and having a lot of fun. So much fun that I ran out of money and had to move back home to save up--which is when I met Jared. :)

We spent the first day checking out the conference center and Temple Square then off to Park City for a BBQ. Grey had been talking for weeks about wanting to touch the doors of the temple--so he was pretty thrilled that they were so big! Elise has been talking about how she wants to get married in the Salt Lake Temple.

A trip to Salt Lake is never complete without lunch at Tony Caputos.

We went to the pool every day--the kids loved their QT with daddy!

You probably wouldn't guess that this smiley kid was sick and spent over FIVE hours crying in the night. The only way to console him was for me to stand rocking him. That was a. very. long. night. Thank goodness he is cute.

And the main event---introducing Mr. & Mrs. Castle!
The Oquirrh Mountain Temple is absolutely stunning. GORGEOUS! As you stand out front you can see two other temples. It is pretty amazing to have three temples in such close proximity. I was very teary and I blame it on being in the temple with my wonderful family and watching my sweet cousin make such an important decision. She is like a little sister to me and saved me (as only a 2-week old baby can) when I was a struggling 12-year-old after my parent's divorce.

There are no words to describe my love and respect for my grandparents. I want to be just like them when I grow up. Look at their glowing faces.

1 comment:

Jason and Heather said...

I'm going to pretend I don't see that amazing sandwich and delicious yumminess. Your kids are getting too big! I love them. I'm glad the trip went well and you got to see your old stompin' grounds. :)