6.24.2012

Fae Amerine

As soon as we arrived in Utah, I got word that my grandmother had passed away. It was bittersweet because as hard as it is to say goodbye, the thought of her meeting my grandfather on the other side is wonderful. I was so grateful to spend quite a bit of time with her the last couple months of her life. It was a touching experience I will always hold dear to my heart. Thank you to all of you that helped with the kids so I could spend time with her. I am so grateful for family and all the wonderful people that have gone before me to pave the way for who I am today! I come from a line of strong women on both sides.

After a lot of back and forth, I figured out a way to go to the funeral in Great Bend, Kansas. I got home Wednesday, furiously unpacked, did laundry, repacked and left Friday morning with my brother. I was SO sick of the car by the end of it all!! But what a wonderful experience to see where my roots are in Kansas. And everyone is so friendly in Kansas. I absolutely loved it.

My grandfather's ashes were buried with my grandmother and next to my grandpa's brother, Loren, as he requested. Very sweet.

With my dad at the luncheon afterwards

We will miss you Grandma! Until we meet again...

No comments: