10.26.2009

Lunch Time

I get bored easily with the same-old lunches. I came up with this salad that I want to eat all the time AND it is very healthy.

Chick Pea Salad

2 cans of quality chick peas, drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped

At this point, I put some in a bowl for eating and the rest in a tupperware for leftovers in the fridge.

When you are ready to serve add a chopped tomato and a handful of feta. Then I drizzle with a good olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper.

You can really adjust this to your tastes in all sorts of ways. Play around with the veggies or try a different kind of dressing. I have been wanting to try a lemon vinaigrette and parmesan cheese. Have fun & enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I make a salad almost just like this except I use a fat free italian dressing. Yummm....I love chick peas! So do my kids.