7.16.2007

A Long Weekend

Our little family headed up to Dillon on Wednesday night for some well-needed R&R. We finally got there after 2 1/2 hours of traffic from a truck rollover accident!
We rode our bikes on Thursday to Frisco for lunch at the Butterhorn Bakery. MMMMM! Thanks Carrie & Dave for the recommendation. We go there every time now. Friday was tennis, sunburns, and dinner with the Littlejohns in Breckenridge. Saturday we did a bike ride again, but rode to Keystone and back. Whew! I swear it was ALL uphill both ways. We had a great weekend full of naps, movies, reading, and playing cards.
I also went to a doctor up there on Friday... I won't bore you with the details, but long story short. I have shingles! I won't show you the picture of that. I guess I'm in for a month of fun. :) Good thing I got to enjoy Dillon at least!

5 comments:

JO said...

We are so sorry you have shingles. That is such a bummer. I hope it didn't dampen your little vacation in Dillon too much, although I'm sure it was pretty awful!!!
We sure do love you, and hope you feel better soon.
The pictures are so cute. Greyden is growing so fast. He sure seems to love Porter!

carrie said...

WHAT ON EARTH! You have SHINGLES? Oh man that is horrible. I'm so sorry! How did you get it? What are the side affects? How do you get rid of it? Clearly I'm going to have to call you about this one...

Your weekend in the mountains looks fun!

leslie said...

what a relaxing weekend, except for the shingles.... that is insane!! my grandma has had them a few times... i thought only old people could get them!? (obviously not) how in the world did you get them???

Christina said...

Yeah... shingles is pretty sucky! I thought only old people get them too. Every website I've looked at for info has OLD people on them. It is a reappearance of the chicken pox virus brought on by age (not me), stress or low immune system. I guess motherhood is taking its toll on me more than I thought! :) Maybe I will put up some pics... It is pretty nasty though. Jared won't even come close to me!

carrie said...

POST THE PICTURES! let us all feel your pain.