1.26.2014

Future Mom Getaway

My sister & I are both pregnant together (again!) so we decided it would be perfect timing to have a little getaway with my mom before the babies come. It was so wonderful to be together and relax. We also decided we need to do it every year--although haven't told the hubbies just yet.

We stayed the first night in Portland and enjoyed Voodoo Donuts, yummy food and a visit to my cousin Jess and her family.
I got to see my sweet Allie

5, 7, 9 months (Lots of babies coming!)

Then we were off to the coast (Depoe Bay). It is such a gorgeous drive and having my mom & sister to talk with makes the time fly. We stayed at a place with a view of the ocean and we all loved looking out the window at the crashing waves. The sunsets were especially gorgeous.

We joke that we were on a food tour. We ate SO much and the food was incredible. We also watched 4 movies in 3 days, shopped at the outlets, went to candy stores for fudge, caramel popcorn and rock candy, explored various beaches along the coast and wandered a few nearby towns. It is incredible how much the coast changes in 10 miles.
Heather enjoying her chocolate
The ocean across from our place
 Wandering a totally empty beach hoping the tide wasn't coming in
 My mom & sister
 Sisters looking out at the waves. They were shockingly huge.
 Yeah we hold hands and run from big waves
 And Heather likes to pose
 Lighthouse near Newport, OR
 This beach was made out of smooth black stones and the sound of the wave pulling back was beautiful. We stood here for an hour watching the seals swimming right up next to the shore. They were so cute.
 Nye Beach in Newport at dusk
 Watching for whales--we never saw any. :(
Cannot wait until our next trip together. I love spending time with my family.

Jared did pretty awesome with the kids. I was so impressed. Every time I called he was doing something with them--playing at the park, taking them to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes or playing games. What a great dad! And apparently he wore them out. He kept sending pictures of the kids passed out. Although it was nice to hear how exhausting it is when I got home. :) Yes, yes it is.

No comments: